Sacred Heart Canossian Convent, is situated on Mia M. Chotani Road, Mahim West, Mumbai – 16. It came into existence on 1st May 1932 at bay House Cadel Rd at the request of Msgr. Joachim Luiz Archbishop of Bombay to educate the children of Victoria School. As the number of pupils kept on increasing, a plot of land was bought from St. Michael’s Church property at Mia M. Chotani Road to build a school to accommodate the numerous girls who sought education. It is the only girls high school between Bandra and Dadar. The Convent came under the jurisdiction of St. Michael’s Parish.
On 13th February 1951, the Canossian community bade farewell to Bay Hose and shifted to Sacred Heart Canossian Convent on Mia M. Chotani Road. We serve in 3 parishes, High School conducts outreach programmes for the poor, Remedial classes are conducted for the neediest of our School, Sisters are involved in the small Christian communities, Sisters serve as Eucharistic Ministers, Initiation Preparation for sacraments. We provide accommodation for 6 College students and temporary accommodation for few days who come for interviews, searching for job etc. We also cater to the Night school and pre-primary classes are taken care in our premises.